What can you do? Be proactive about your dental health is always the way to go.
1. Brush after meals and floss daily (Ask our hygienist for the best tooth brushing techniques)
2. Use the right toothbrush for your mouth.
3. Inspect your mouth regularly for any abnormalities (such as bleeding, tender gums, food that is catching on dental work, or any mouth soreness)
4. Wear a nightguard (if needed), we can custom-make one for you.
5. Wear the right protective headgear while playing contact sports.
6. Switch to water. Reduce your soda intake to protect the surface of your teeth. A can or more a day makes your tooth enamel softer and more susceptible to cavities.
7. Don’t sugarcoat it. Sugar is a major culprit in tooth decay. To avoid being among the 20% of people in the United States who face tooth decay every time they look in the mirror, try to cut down on sugary treats, and aim to brush and floss after eating them.
8. Use lip balm with an SPF to protect your lips from the sun
9. Keep your regular recall appointments with us
Remember that if you need to see us on short notice, it is never too late. Give us a call at (941) 951-7711. We’ll fit you in and keep you smiling!